In Ark: Survival Evolved, the Basil is a mythological creature added with the Aberration DLC. We rarely observe the real appearance of this huge creature, as it usually hides and all that is visible is its triple tail. Really immense predator, much more than one titanoboahe is an ideal base defender and in this guide we explain the most important things you need to know about this dinosaur.
Table of Contents
Where can you find Basilisks in Ark?
THE Basil is a creature introduced by the expansion Aberration van Ark can therefore only be found by owners of this DLC.
It’s usually fairly easy to find all over Aberration’s dungeons, and more rarely in the mountainous regions of other DLCs, including Genesis And Lost Island. Although it is easily identified by its appearance as a huge snake from mythological stories, the Basil is rare and instead you will have to look for its tail that comes out of the ground and indicates its presence in the area.
- Although mostly motionless, the Basil is very hostile if you pass within range and will not hesitate to make short work of you.
Peculiarities of the Basilisk in Ark
Without a doubt, the Basilisk is an available creature at the end of the game, as its saddle is only available after reaching a very high level. Despite this, he’s an ideal mount for most things you want to do (besides being incredibly stylish). Its primary attack is a bite (left click) and its secondary attack is a toxic cloud that it spits out (right click).
It has the ability to dig with AND without a jumper (Space by default). With no rider, you can ask him to dig using the radial menu.
Attention : Because it’s huge, the Basil tramples (and kills) small creatures while moving.
- transport: Even at a low level, the Basilisk can carry very heavy loads (2,200 points at level 1). In combination with its speed class, it is very good at transporting many components.
- Fighter: The Basilisk is an excellent fighter capable of defeating large carnivores, including the Irradiated Spinosaurus.
- Tamer: Like the Pulmonary corpus its bite has the ability to stun any creature that passes through the Anesthesia. Its attacks inject a stack toxin that kills your target, but be careful not to kill them anyway!
- To discover: Its high speed and the fact that it is a particularly formidable predator make it an excellent mount for exploration. Be careful though, he is very vulnerable to falls and swims very badly.
Taming: how to tame the Basilisk?
Taming one Basil is rather difficult as it starts chasing you at high speed as soon as it sees you. He is immune to Torpor’s effects, making him impossible to stun. To tame him, you need to throw a specific egg at him (variable depending on the island you’re on) while he’s chasing you, he’ll then start eating it and the passive taming will begin:
- Aberration: Rock Dragon Egg
- Origin: Part 1: Magmasaur Egg
- Origin: Part 2: Voidwyrm egg Or Fertilized Wyvern Egg
- Crystal Islands: Any of the above types of eggs. They cannot be found on this island, so you will have to import them from other islands.
Finally, be careful not to stray too far because if the Basil digs, taming is canceled. Keep a certain distance, a canine tooth of this animal is never really good.
How to breed Basilisk?
The reproduction of Basil is not possible. However, you can still get eggs from this creature to make food. To obtain them, you only need a female of this species, as they do not mate.
Randomly and at a rate of about one egg every 18 to 48 hours, the female Basil lies one Basil egg. This can be eaten by the player or used for crafting Exceptional croquettes.