Even more so than the Barbarian, the Druid isn’t very powerful in the Diablo 4 beta, mainly for balancing reasons, though the absence of his special class power certainly doesn’t help. There are plenty of possible builds for our friend of nature, but they tend to pale in comparison to what other classes are capable of. We offer you an elemental build here, which uses a mix of different elements to survive. It is viable and remote. It may also be necessary to find the right legendary items to really progress.
Table of Contents
Gameplay and building principle
The principle of the build is to combine the best spells of each type to have a correct DPS and Survive: landslide for most of the damage, be it elites, bosses or large groups of enemies: hurricane for damage in a wider area in the seconds after without siphoning your Spirit, Bulwark of Earth to take tank damage, and Wolves (enhanced by some Legendary items) to tank up and do a little damage, while you some reinforcement. If the situation really escalates, send Cataclysm as well. Before you get the ultimate, or if you don’t like to rest on a long cooldown, you can also use Bloody Howl, which gives you both a cure and a source of spirit that doesn’t require Thunder Clap. Builder link.
Here’s our suggested choice of skills in the skill bar. Also keep in mind that there are alternatives in the choice of skills. Whenever possible, try to collect items that give bonus points to these skills, especially Rockslide. You’ll also have to reassign your points as you level up, at least if you want to use Cataclysm. It is necessary to remove the points placed in Bloody Howl in order to place them in Thunderclap.
Heavy lightning bolt
Rock slide 5+
Primeval rock slide
earth wall 1
Reinforced earth wall
Conservation of earthen wall
Reinforced wolf pack
pack of wild wolves
While you wait for the ultimate, you can also use Bloody Howl, Empowered Bloody Howl, and Innate Bloody Howl.
Legendary powers and aspects
Powers are no longer necessarily tied to specific items, you can extract and administer them through the Occultist and the Power Codex. Here’s a list of the main powers you’ll need for this build:
- Earth Bulwark’s duration is increased by 6 seconds and Earth Skills increase the duration.
- Casting storm skills deals critical damage to your Earth skills. Casting Earth abilities gives Storm abilities a critical chance.
- Rockslide hits a second time and deals extra damage per pillar.
- Your wolves become werewolves and do a lot more damage.
- You have an extra companion and it does more damage.
- Basic skills reduce damage taken.
- Basic skills increase the damage of your next main ability.
- Increases the attack speed of basic skills.
- Increases main ability damage based on your resource.
- Makes you unstoppable if you take damage while under control.
- Grants a shield on the first hit against an elite enemy.