All cool kids are completing the Equity listener survey. We want to hear from you!
It was a hectic week, in which the traditional Summer Slowdown barely manifested itself. So, here’s the rundown of the show!
- WWDC in a nutshell: In case you missed it, Apple had a big event this week. On tap were the usual software updates and upgraded computers in both laptop and desktop formats. And you know, that other thing.
- Confirm partners with Amazon (again): This isn’t Affirm’s first partnership with Amazon, but investors are pretty excited to see the pair of companies teaming up again. As we continue to wait for mega unicorn Klarna’s IPO – more comments here – we’re keeping our ears close to the BNPL ground.
- Cava’s IPO continues to delight Alex: What’s coming up for an IPO and is this little podcast messed up? Yes, it’s Cava, the fast-casual chain that, thanks to a few dollops of venture capital, we can cover!
- All about SEC and Crypto: The SEC broke into its hammer box so it could start playing whack with both foreign and domestic crypto exchanges this week.
- Sequoia is doing to itself what regulators want to do to Google: What consists of three parts and now competes with itself? Sequoia. Think of it as a reverse Google, if you will.
- How real estate will affect the climate crisis: As it turns out, building isn’t so good for the planet. And as a commercial real estate crisis is brewing, can we add one to one and get five?
Equity is on vacation next week! We’re taking a little breather before kicking off another massive series of shows, but we’ll be back before you know it.
For episode transcripts and more, visit Equity’s Simplecast website.
Equity drops every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7 a.m. PT, so subscribe to us Apple podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify and all casts. businessroundups.org also has one great show on cryptoa show founders being intervieweda dat describes how our stories come together and more!