Hello, and welcome back to Equitya podcast about the business of startups, where we unravel the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
Here’s the rundown of the show:
- Fraud is bad: Elizabeth Holmes is in jail and the SEC has wrapped an insider trading charge against a former Coinbase executive. Our opinion? Breaking corporate law is bad and maybe people shouldn’t do it. Controversial, we know.
- Offers of the week: Alex is enamored with web roulette, while Mary Ann wanted to talk about Stripe’s deal to buy Okay.
- Klarna’s Q1 2023 results prompted Alex to share some enthusiasm that the fintech market could recover, a topic he’s been talking about for a while.
- QED’s plans to invest its new funds carefully is a clear example of the new investment climate, argued Mary Ann. The show also touched on our latest check-in on the a16z early-stage strategy.
- And we closed, thanks to Dom, with a chat through the Atlanta boot scene in anticipation of our upcoming City Spotlight.
Phew, and with that we’re done for the week! Chat with your Monday!
For episode transcripts and more, visit Equity’s Simplecast website.
Equity drops every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 7 a.m. PT, so subscribe to us Apple podcasts, Cloudy, Spotify and all casts. businessroundups.org also has one great show on cryptoa show founders being intervieweda dat describes how our stories come together and more!
Okay startup names and why fintech is recovering by Alex Wilhelm, originally published on businessroundups.org