To get a roundup of businessroundups.org’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3PM PST, register here.
Have we told you lately that we love you? Well, we do. Because it’s March and spring is almost here. Inhale and check the
Table of Contents
The businessroundups.org Top 3
- That’s a wonderful credit: If you’re a fan of DoorDash and credit card rewards, the delivery giant now has its own co-branded credit card with Chase. There are indeed some nice perks of being a cardholder, but we allow it Aisha tell you more.
- Elon Musk’s favorite day: By the time this hits your inbox, it may have already happened, but today is Tesla Investor Day. Kirsten has your inside scoop on how to watch and what to expect.
- Better late than never: Revolut’s annual report for 2021 is out, and so long Roman writes that 2021 was a while ago, the report delivered exciting news for the company, including that it marked the financial app’s first full year of gains. Pop the champagne!
Startups and VC
Rad Power Bikes focuses on popularizing electric utility bikes for the consumer market. Rebekah reports that the company launched its next-generation RadRunner 3 Plus e-bike today, alongside a host of new cargo accessories that will make it easier for riders to carry pets or run errands while riding.
Apropos e-bikes: The e-bike market in America is getting a brave new player. Following the close of $7.4 million Series A funding, Velotric announced this week that it will double down on US expansion with its privately owned e-bikes, Rita reports.
Another handful for you, with less bike content than you might expect from the intro above.
Dear Sophie: What are my options for changing my L-1 visa status?
I started working for my current employer on VOTE-OPT, but I lost four times in the H-1B lottery. Fortunately, my employer transferred me to an international office and now I am coming back to the US on an L-1 visa.
I have heard many complaints from my classmates about not being able to switch employers on an L-1 visa. I don’t see myself staying with my employer for another six years, which is the estimated time until I can get a green card based on my employer’s internal policies.
What are my options for changing my immigration status so I can work at a startup in the US in a year or two?
– Determined Acquirer
Three more from the TC+ team:
businessroundups.org+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams lead the way. You can sign up here. Use code “DC” for a 15% discount on an annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
If you’re looking for fun reading and a reason to let out a howl of eek, look no further than Bagtoday’s article. Zack spoke to an unnamed former Microsoft executive who had to jump through many hoops to get his life back in order after his address was changed at the post office.
Kyle has a trio of stories about – what else? — Open AI. Two are some new features, including Whisper API for text-to-speech transcription and translation and API for ChatGPT, while the third reports that OpenAI no longer uses customer data to train its models by default.
Now on with the show:
- Don’t break the chains: Chainlink doesn’t want to abandon Web 2.0 in favor of web3, so the new platform allows web3 projects to connect to Web 2.0 systems like AWS and Meta, Jaquelyn reports.
- Something to think about: Software consultancy Thoughtworks laid off about 500 employees, or about 4% of its global workforce, amid continued slowdown, Jagmeet writes.
- tweet tweet: Some Twitter users had been breaking timelines lately, and Ivan went to find out why. Speaking of Twitter, Sara has some details about Twitter alternative Bluesky, which is now on the App Store as an invite-only app.
- A blessing for Biden?: The US House Committee on Foreign Affairs voted in favor of a bill that would give Biden the power to ban TikTok. Amanda has more.
- Salesforce Story: Elliott Management, one of five activist investors within Salesforce, nominated its own list of candidates for the board of Salesforce, Ron reports.